Software Development Manager
Constant improvement and challenge are the two most important characteristics that define engineering at iyzico. With the goal to develop technologies to democratize financial services for everyone, we are a team of passionate engineers aspiring to constantly develop ourselves and solve problems.
- Lead a motivated team of software engineers to develop, test and deploy high available and scalable products
- Manage hiring and recruitment efforts to grow the engineering team.
- Career development, mentorship, objective setting and performance reviews of engineers.
- Lead the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of all supported technology platforms.
- Work closely with team to contribute the architecture and development of technical solutions. Be a hands-on technical leader.
- Understands and applies fundamental design principles behind a scalable, low latency and high throughput distributed application.
- Oversee and assure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or internal customer requirements
- Designs scalable software systems that solve key business problems and contribute to scaling the business
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Identify and ensure appropriate development/training opportunities are provided to the team members
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 7+ years of experience in software development industry, and at least 3+ year of experience managing a team of software engineers including identifying, hiring and developing top talent
- Experience in leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies
- Experience in building high traffic backend services for external customer facing web applications and operating 24x7 services
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the direction and implementation of a product
- Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of product lifecycle
- Full knowledge of OOP Principles, RESTful APIs and agile processes (code review, pair programming, CI/CD, TDD, BDD etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and maintenance.
- Hands on experience on backend development, using state of the art programming languages especially in JVM languages (Java, Groovy, Kotlin etc.)
- Technical fluency in areas including AI, ML and data processing.
- Eagerness for quality and continuous improvement of processes
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and English knowledge
- Experience in financial services is as a plus